Tuesday 27 April 2010

List of 20 words

1- Environment: surroundings
Noun
I live in a very nice environment.

2- Ecology: study of the relationship between living organisms and their environment
Noun
My friend wants to study ecology after he finishes the secondary school.

3- Biology: study of life
Noun
It is very nice to study biology because it is teaching us the meaning of life.

4- Philosophy: study of the nature of human thought and of the world.
Noun
I am thinking of studying philosophy in America next year.

5- Psychology: study of the mind
Noun
The best subject in my opinion is psychology.

6- Psychiatry : branch of medicine dealing with the diagnosis and treatment of mental illnesses.
Noun
Psychiatry is a very hard subject.

7- Suitable: appropriate
Noun
This jacket is very suitable for me.

8- Theory: coherent group of general assumptions
Noun
I hope I invent a new theory in mathematics.

9- Influence: affect
Verb
The death of Sheikh Zayed influenced me.

10- Fund: supply
Verb
My father gave me funds for my new small business to help me.

11- Scheme: plan
Noun
I have a very nice scheme for my new house which I will build in Khalifa A City.

12- Accomplish: complete
Noun
The building of my new house will be accomplished two years from now.

13- Dimension: measure
Noun
Yesterday I saw a new 3-D movie.

14- Responsible:
Adjective
I am responsible for the accident because it is my fault.

15- Administrative: managerial
Adjective
Increasing the salaries next month is an administrative decision.

16- Majority: greater part or number
Noun
The majority of people in Abu Dhabi are encouraging Al Ain Club.

17- Citizen: native
Noun
I am a citizen of the UAE.

18- Population: total number of people living in an area
Noun
Most of the people in the population in the UAE are foreigners.

19- Foreign: strange
Noun
There are too many foreign languages in the UAE.

20- Worsen: get worse
Verb
Traffic in the UAE is worsening every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment